Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Peanuts and Paleo? Well, I am glad I've listened...

Another 5 seconds lasting search brought an interesting article to my attention: (I got hungry and wanted some nuts, so I got a bag of trail mix, which contains peanuts, … in case you're wondering why I wrote this)

This article has far more information (of the sad kind) about peanuts than I cared to find. I started to like peanuts before I switched to Paleo, but I think they are now out of the question.

The gist of it is that peanuts are of the same botanical family as beans and potatoes are ("legumes") and as such it is basically that one eats uncooked beans.  Beans and potatoes should not be eaten uncooked since they contain quite a few toxins. These toxins are destroyed when one cooks them. Still ...

Thoughts? Let me hear 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment